Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day

Just a short post to wish ALL the mother's out there a Happy Mother's Day!

Being a mommy is the most difficult "job" in the world but it is also the most rewarding. Enjoy the day with your kiddos!!!!

I miss my mom. My grandmother sent me a jewelry box for my daughter that was given to her by my aunt who cleared out my mother's things. It broke my heart to see it and made me remember my mom. I shed a tear or two and put it away for when Bailee is older. My mom was taken way too soon. She should be here to spend Mother's Day ( and all days ) with me and the children. She was sick and tired of being sick and just gave up. She deserved her last years to be happy and pain free. It makes me realize how important my time is with my children. I want to give them the memories of me that I have of my mom.......The laughs, the good times, the good talks I had with her, the closeness I felt.... I only hope I can give one iota what my mother gave me in life.

I miss you mom, Happy Mother's Day. I wish you were here.

No comments: