Friday, September 5, 2008

Titanic

I am sitting here in the dark in my living room. Listening to the TV play the sounds of the movie Titanic.......

Such memories.

I remember my trip to Ithaca with Allyn. We were together a couple of weeks.... if that. We drove in his S10 pickup down to Ithaca because I asked him to. Because I needed to get away. He took me to meet his father and step mother.......

We got there late and decided to see a movie. The movie? Titanic.

That weekend was the most amazing weekend. We stayed in a hotel the first night, after the movie. He made me feel amazing. We had champagne. In fact, I still had the cork until the day I packed up his clothes after he left. 7 years later.

7 years is a long time.

I saw him tonight. For the first time in a long time. He looked good and was about to celebrate his 33rd birthday with his new found friends at some place called "wine thief". For a moment, I was jealous.......

And then to turn on the TV and see that Titanic is the only thing worth watching on my 300 channels.

sigh.

What a night......... alone.


I hate second shift.

No comments: